Early Primary Program
- Up to 60 minutes.
- Onsite classes in Richmond (temporarily unavailable).
- Online lessons available.
- $40.00 per class,
- plus a one-off cost for non-complimentary resources ($74.95).
- Reflect, revise and assess letter sounds found in Stages 1 through to 4.
- Picking out and manipulating sounds in words.
- Blending and segmenting sounds in words, focusing on the initial, middle and final sounds.
- Develop understanding of letter combinations.
- Linking letter sounds with letters of the alphabet and connecting this information with writing the letter.
- Reading level-appropriate decodable text readers.
- Building children’s knowledge of Heart Words.
- Circle Time Show & Tell which promotes speaking and listening skills.
- Introducing the new letter/s or letter combinations of the unit and focusing on letter sound games and activities.
- Explicit teaching, application and practise of letter combination focus.
- Music and movement, promoting and interacting with the introduced letter sound in a different context.
- Art & Craft, promoting and interacting with the introduced letter sound.
- Let’s Spell: teaching segmenting and sequencing of sounds and matching words.
- Let’s Write: providing writing opportunities at the word, phrase and sentence level.
- Phonemic fun activities.
- Chitter Chatter Chant & Speech Sounds.
- Goodbye Rhyme.
All Reading Club students receive a complimentary:
- Reading Club bag to bring to class every week.
- workbook in which to keep all your Reading Club work.
- access to the LLLL decodable readers for weekly borrowing.
- copy of laminated Heart Words to practise at home.
- Reading Club white board and whiteboard marker.
Please Note: All early primary students are required to purchase the book, Milo’s Birthday Surprise picture story book ($29.95), Milo’s Alphabet Games Flashcards ($29.00) and if not already purchased in the preceding year, My Word Detective Book ($6.00) (2020 prices).